Salisbury Medical Practice is a partnership of GPs whose vision is a practice where excellent person centred care is at the heart of the health service delivered.
Salisbury Medical Practice was formed by the merger of Grove House and New Street Surgeries in 2012, with Bemerton Heath and Wilton Health Centre joining us in 2014 and 2016, respectively. We are proud to continue a reputation for providing friendly, accessible, high quality care which has been earned by all of the previous practices over many years.
Aims and Objectives
Underpinning our vision is a series of aims and objectives which we recognise that with the involvement and support of our patients, staff, volunteers and fellow professionals we can deliver ongoing improvements to the health care delivered at the practice.
- To provide a high quality, integrated and cost effective service that is closer to patients' homes;
- To work in new ways to meet the challenges faced with an ageing population and the increasing number of patients with long term and/or multiple conditions;
- To reduce health inequalities, promote disease prevention and prevent premature mortality;
- To ensure coordinated access to specialist care whilst containing healthcare costs;
- To improve patient engagement;
- To promote general practice as a career;
- To provide premises where staff, patients and visitors are safe and can access the services provided.
- To promote continuity of relationship between patient and doctor over time;
- To deliver care that addresses the physical, social and psychological needs of patients and their families;
- To provide rapid diagnosis and access to specialist care;
- To ensure all hospital admissions are clinically appropriate;
- To improve the use of information and technology to improve care for patients;
- To identify opportunities to work with other health and social care services to the benefit of patients and carers;
- To provide a health care premises that is patient centered where the practice team leads and facilitates shared working with multi-professional teams within the building, with each profession retaining their autonomy but working across the professional boundaries using the GP electronic record;
- To work with the CCG, Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust and other hospital providers to bring care into the practice premises so that care is provided closer to patients and their families and reduces costs whilst maintaining and increasing quality;
- To work with Health Education Wessex, Medical Schools and local sixth form providers to promote general practice as a career and improve the way in which general practice is viewed and valued;
- To engage with patients so that they manage their own health care by promoting healthy lifestyles and choices;
- To work collectively with the CCG and local practices to share experiences and raise standards;
- To provide a diverse, well trained workforce that is adaptable to meet the changing demands of the practice.